How it works
- Get to know your business: What are your customers looking for? How can the website help solve their problem?
- Determine a goal for your website
- Collect all content for your website
Design Logo (Optional. Separate cost.)
Design & Strategy
- Determine site architecture and strategy
- Colour and typography
You approve of proposed design and strategy
- Code Site: Using CMS or hand-code site using best practices for web development
- You have the opportunity for two rounds of revisions
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility
- Test site for responsiveness (able to view on all devices)
Final Payment for the website
“Keys” turned over
- The website is “live”.
- Username and passwords for the website will be turned over to you.
- Instructions and video tour of the website will be given to you on how to use and update site (if WordPress site).
ENJOY YOUR NEW WEBSITE!
Maintenance Package (Optional. Separate cost.)
- Update security features of the site.
- Update any plugins and themes.
- Backup database and associated files.
- Ensuring all links are working.
- Upload or change content according to client’s request.
Depends on the size of the project, but most take 6-8 weeks. A better timeframe estimate can be issued once you've explained your project to me. Timelines differ per project because of several factors. The preparation before developing a website takes the most time. Preparation includes research, developing a strategy, preparing graphics, images and writing content. The more “prep” work that happens before development or coding, the faster the site comes together. If you have your materials ready to go the project will come together much quicker.
My process flows through several different stages:
- content and strategy development
- development (coding site)
- final review