WordPress Web Development for service providers and non-profits.
Design with Strategy.
- Strategic Design
- Before we begin, we’ll have a one hour website strategy session to discuss your website strategy via video conference. This will allow me to create a design that accomplishes your primary goal for your website. By creating a customized sales journey, your prospective clients will be able to navigate through your website easily and engage with you.
- Professional Branding
- Custom designed website that reflects your brand.
- 30-minute One-on-One Training Session
- A one-on-one training session once your website is complete via video conference. I’ll also provide you with video tutorials on your dashboard so you’ll remember how to update your website.
The Step by Step Process
of Custom Website Design & Development.
Here’s how it works…
- Complimentary Introduction Consultation: After you’ve read through this page, you can schedule a free consultation. You’ll be able to ask me any questions you have and we can get to know each other.
- Pay your deposit. Once we’ve talked and you’ve decided you want to move forward, you’ll pay 50% deposit to secure your spot on my schedule. The final 50% is due upon completion of the project but before the final files are handed over or transferred to your hosting server. If you cancel the project before it begins, 20% of your original deposit is non-refundable. This is your fee for reserving a spot on my schedule.
- Sign my contract. We’ll both need to sign my contract so that we’re fully protected before we begin working together.
- Project Management. I’ll add you to my project management system, Freedcamp. This is where we’ll communicate and keep all your files and feedback. Don’t worry – I’ll provide you with a video tutorial on how to use it!
- Website Strategy Session. If you selected the custom plan for your website, I’ll have a 1-hour strategy session with you via video conference so we can make the website as effective as possible for you. This will give you the opportunity to develop your content with strategy in mind.
- Homework. You’ll need to fill in a secret Pinterest board with inspiration, and answer an in-depth questionnaire. You’ll also need to upload your content to Freedcamp.
- Welcome Consultation Call. 1-2 weeks before your project begins, you are welcome to have a 30-minute consult call via video conferencing (I’ll provide you with a scheduling link). This is the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions you may have.
- Sitemap & Moodboard. I’ll start the design process by creating a moodboard that summarizes your brand aesthetic an colour palette.
- Website Design. Depending on the plan you’ve chosen, I’ll either create a mockup of each website page based on the template you’ve chosen or create a custom wireframe based on feedback from our website strategy session.
- Mockups & Feedback Consultation. Final approval for mockups created for each page. A 1-hour feedback consult via video conferencing is available to discuss any changes to the design of the website.
- Development & Troubleshooting. The final live website is uploaded to my staging server once it’s developed. You’ll be given a final opportunity to make minor changes to the website.
- Final Payment. Before I hand over your final files and website, you’ll need to complete the final payment. I’ll then send you the link to a Dropbox folder containing your finalized brand files and I’ll transfer your website over to your hosting account.
- Training. All website plans include a 30-minute training video conference call. I’ll walk you through how to use and update your website. I’ll also include 4 videos on your dashboard on the basics of updating your website.
*Some of these steps may not apply. It depends on whether your package includes them.
Complimentary Consultation Call15-minute consultation call to answer any questions you have.
Deposit, Contract, Project Management.I use Freedcamp Project Management software to keep the project organized and efficient.
Website Strategy SessionI’ll create a website design strategy based on your needs.
Collect all Content.You’ll need to have all your text, images and any other branding elements you might have to me.
Feedback Consultation.I want to get this right for you! You’ll have a chance to make any necessary changes to your layout or content.
TrainingI’ll show you how to use your new website via video conferencing.
ENJOY YOUR WEBSITE!
Maintenance Package (Optional. Separate cost.)
- Update security features of the site.
- Update any plugins and themes.
- Backup database and associated files.
- Ensuring all links are working.
- Upload or change content according to client’s request
Here’s what some clients said about me…
"Royal City Musical Theatre receives significant traffic and direct sales across Western Canada from our website. We required an updated site that assisted with conversions on several fronts. Erin worked closely with our team members to ensure a site that was optimized for all devices, was visually enticing and which also achieved our objectives for traffic to key pages and sales. "
"Rod and I here at North Coast Electric Inc. are extremely happy with the service and end product we received from Erin at EMG Design. She created a very professional yet approachable website and Facebook page for us and worked within my schedule which was challenging at times I'm sure! We had fun working with Erin and feel the price she charged was very competitive and great value for the product we received. Thanks so much Erin!!"
Pricing & Packages
Custom WebsiteThis is good for you if: You want a strategic website and want expertise on how to build a high-converting website. You require specific customizations.
$ 2500 Start at:
Website Strategy Session.
Moodboard, custom colour palette, wireframes and mockups. You'll have confidence that an effective strategy is being designed for you.
A WordPress website customized to your needs.
Industry-standard security and SEO plugin.
Simple Website PlanThis is good for you if: You are a service provider, you've already have your branding sorted and you want a cost efficient solution. You already have your content developed.
$ 1200 Flat rate.
A WordPress website using a Genesis theme that I'll customize with your branding and content.
One Mockup with one revision period.
Industry-standard security and SEO plugin.